Finding a good web hosting company can be difficult, they all claim to be the best. Alot goes into determining what is the best, ranging from affordability, the technical aspect and the user experience. We have reviewed and used some of the best web hosts and we have come up with this list
All of the web hosting companies mentioned below will render reliable and feature-rich web hosting services at affordable rates.
Here are the best web hosting companies of 2020 – 2021
1. Bluehost (Best Overall)
Bluehost has long been a favourite of mine in the shared and WordPress hosting spaces. The company adheres to modern standards for hardware, and its customer support is fantastic. Bluehost’s shared server options will accommodate the vast majority of customers’ hosting needs for a web presence. Once you outgrow the traffic allowances of shared web hosting, however, Bluehost excels in the VPS and dedicated hosting niches, too.
What makes Bluehost packages most appealing is the company’s reputation for affordability and usability, which both web novices and veterans can appreciate. Added incentives, such as free domains, marketing credits, and unlimited emails, make this provider a bang-for-the-buck favourite throughout the hosting community.
For those just getting started, perhaps on their first website, we’d like to point out that Bluehost has revamped its user experience — beefing up the user-friendliness factor significantly in recent years. Users will find the dashboard and overall customer experience to be welcoming — about as non-daunting for newcomers as web hosting gets.
- Industry-Leading Reputation and Support. Bluehost understands the significance of customer service. You can reach Bluehost support personnel and peruse its extensive knowledgebase 24/7.
- Includes Domains, Email, and Backups. Bluehost helps with domain transfers, purchases, tracking, and overall administration, Unlimited email accounts come with all shared hosting plans, along with POP3 and IMAP support and spam protection.
- Easy Scaling Across Products. It’s easy to scale up as your site traffic grows, and revenue starts flowing in, your web host will ideally be equipped to help you perpetuate that growth. Upgrading from a shared account to a VPS or even a dedicated server is a painless process with Bluehost.
- Constant Hardware Updates. Price isn’t the only factor you should consider when choosing a host. As new hardware, such as solid-state drives, come onto the market, you want assurance that your host has the bandwidth to accommodate these changes.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Products
Although they are not the cheapest domain name registrar, you can buy domain names directly from Bluehost. All domain names come with auto-renewal services, domain lock to protect it and easy management control panel to manage and use it with ease.
Unless you are managing a really large project or you need to geek around with your server’s configuration, a shared hosting plan is the one you ought to consider. Bluehost shared service delivers a powerful, proven platform that’s perfect for hosting your websites.
Here is a quick peek into their affordable shared price plans:
All plans include:
- Domain manager that makes it easy to track, update, transfer, purchase, and administer all of your domains in one place.
- Resource Protection
- SSL certificates with Let’s Encrypt
- Marketing Credits where you receive $100 for Microsoft Advertising and $100 for Google Ads.
- Get Verified on Google My Business
Advanced features include:
- CodeGuard which takes daily backups and saves each as a separate version – making it easy to turn back the clock should disaster strike.
- Spam Protection which is powered by Google and Postini that filters out harmful and unwanted content before it reaches your inbox.
- Content Delivery Network using CloudFlare.
- Multi-server management where you access shared VPS to control multiple servers.
- Create unique passwords restricting access to different areas of your account.
Bluehost has a WordPress focused hosting service. It’s optimized for WordPress sites and comes with several perks like a staging area. Their managed WordPress hosting comes with all in one marketing center and dashboard, SEO, email marketing, and social media tools included at blazing site speeds.
Here are their managed WordPress hosting plans.
Bluehost also has shared WordPress hosting starting at $2.95 which comes with a free domain name for one year, automatic updates, available Microsoft 365, verification on my Google Business, secure login of credentials and automatic, fast WordPress installation.
There is also WordPress Pro hosting starting at $19.99 (formerly $29.99) an awesome price! You can monitor your website daily, weekly or yearly with detailed analytics. With a great dashboard you can manage your SEO, e-mail traffic, site performance on your dashboard and enjoy site speeds using SSD technology that enhances performance. Best of all it is managed which guarantees automatic updates with a stable technology stack and server environment.
WordPress hosting comes with the following features:
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Web Storage
- WordPress Auto-Updates
- 24/7 Customer Support
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- CDN Enabled where you will get fast page load speeds and improved server utilization.
- SSD Disk Space (WordPress Pro plan)
Virtual Private Server Hosting.
Bluehost’s virtual private servers are built from the ground up using all SSD for increased power, flexibility, and control for your websites. VPS hosting comes with three plans, that is, Standard, Enhanced or Ultimate.
Here are their prices.
Bluehost raises the bar with their hosting with the following features:
- Enhanced control panel where every VPS configuration includes an improved cPanel interface.
- Free SSL Certificate
- Root access available and for advanced users cPanel offers full access to CentOS, giving you complete control of your server.
- Using open source technology, like OpenStack and KVM, Bluehost offers VPS that is both powerful and easy to use.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Instant provisioning to be up and running in the blink of an eye for virtual server services.
Dedicated Server Hosting.
Adequate for those websites that generate tons of traffic and/or need a top-performing server. There dedicated hosting is for websites that require the ultimate in performance, security, and control.
Their dedicated servers are quiet costly starting a price run for $79.99 per month on their Standard plan. However what is comforting is their recommended plan ‘Enhanced’ has promising features at a more affordable price of $99.9 especially in storage services.
Here a some features to sweeten a dedicated server deal on Bluehost:
- RAID Storage using RAID1, so that your data is mirrored. This redundancy helps ensure that your data is extremely well protected.
- Dedicated customer support having expedited knowledge from specialized agents specifically-trained to assist with dedicated hosting issues.
- Free SSL Certificates.
- Extreme server speeds. Each server is custom-built using the latest open source technology, like OpenStack.
- Free domain name for one year.
- Advanced users get unfettered access and control over everything from the operating system to Apache.
- Database management to easily organize, edit, and manage databases directly on the server with a custom-designed database manager
- Advanced capabilities like Secure Shell (SSH) access, server-side includes, log file access, and web-based managers for files, databases, and email.
- Improved cPanel for ease of use when managing your dedicated server.
Bluehost also offers reseller hosting through its partner brand reseller club, for those who want to sell their services Whitelabel.
Feature of reseller hosting include:
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited Emails
- Unlimited cPanel Accounts
- Free WHMCS (except Start Reselling plan), a leading web hosting automation platform.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- E-mail hosting.
- Migration from reseller hosting to Reseller Club is free of charge.
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress, it allows you to easily start an online store with WordPress. WooCommerce hosting offers you all the essential features to kick start your eCommerce store
All plans come with an easy to use hosting control panel where you can manage your hosting, create databases, etc.
Great features to look out for when doing WooCommerce hosting on Bluehost:
- One free domain because a great website starts with a great domain name.
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- WooCommerce Auto-Install. This avoids hassle as Bluehost will do all the installation for your online business website.
- Google My Business verification.
- Free SSL Certificate to secure your online stor. Transactions and visitor data is automatically encrypted.
- Marketing credits to boost your business.
- The Introduction price is cheap: Bluehost shared hosting and WordPress hosting plans are very affordable as they just start from $3.95 per month. Moreover, Bluehost offers 4 different shared hosting plans and packages so that you will easily be able to choose the best Bluehost shared hosting package based on your needs.
- Reliability: They power a large number of websites with minimum downtime. If you choose Bluehost plans and packages as per your traffic needs, there is hardly any chance of your site going down as Bluehost provides you with an uptime guarantee of 99.9% which itself emphasizes that the company is very much reliable for hosting.
- No hidden charges: There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- Free domain: You get a free domain name for 1 year when you signup. Very rarely you see any shared web hosting companies providing a free domain name and Bluehost is one of them.
- Optimized for WordPress with auto-updates: When it comes to WordPress, Bluehost servers are well optimized specially for hosting WordPress blog sites which is the key reason why they feature as the top-recommended WordPress host on the official WordPress.org resource page.
- Unlimited Storage, Data Transfer & Domain Hosting: Bluehost offers unlimited storage space, domain hosting, bandwidth, email accounts and much more with their shared/WordPress hosting packages making their service suitable for all requirements.
- Customized cPanel Interface: Bluehost shared hosting plans come with a customized cPanel interface which is simpler to use, more appealing in appearance, easier to navigate, and specially customized WordPress dashboard which makes it an ideal beginner-friendly platform.
- Free Marketing Credits: You also receive up to $100 of Microsoft Advertising credit from Bluehost web hosting and also up to $100 of Google Ads credit while spending your first $25 with a new account of Microsoft Advertising and Google Ads.
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL: Powered by Let’s Encrypt, each Bluehost SSL Certificate effectively secures the connection between your site and its visitors which in turn helps in keeping the personal info, e-commerce related transactions, and various other sensitive data safeguarded.
- Additional add-ons: The biggest advantage of using Bluehost shared web hosting is that you will get a lot of additional add-ons for free such as the 1-Click Installers, Content Delivery Network, E-commerce features, Multi-Server Management and much more features that will let you manage your Bluehost hosting account with ease.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Bluehost offers a 30-day moneyback guarantee that very much helps a user to try their service and get their money back while cancelling the web hosting account they created with Bluehost if they aren’t happy with their service.
- Higher domain renewal price: Their free domain renewal price is higher than average.
- Upselling Addons: They have an aggressive upsell process during signup. But you can easily uncheck all the addons if you don’t need them.
- Poor backup options: Their default backup solution is fairly limited. My guess is that they try to push users to get their paid product.
- No free migration: Unlike most of their competitors they won’t migrate your sites for free. If you want to use this extra service, it’ll cost you about $150 to migrate 5 websites.
- Average Speed of hosting: Bluehost hosting speed may not be as fastest when compared to some of the other expensive independent managed WordPress hosting companies out there. That doesn’t mean their servers are slow and not reliable!
- Telephone Support: Some of the Bluehost customers complain about the poor phone support as they have been on hold for quite a long time than expected to get an answer.
SiteGround is one of the most popular and highest rated hosting providers in the WordPress community. They provide unique in-house WordPress speed and security solutions to make your site as fast and secure as possible. They are known for the best 24/7 support in the industry which is why they’re an official ‘WordPress’ recommended hosting provider. This is also why we use SiteGround for hosting the WPBeginner website. SiteGround features include automatic upgrades, built-in WP caching, CDN, one-click staging and GIT version control. They are also one of the few companies offering location specific hosting with 6 data centres in USA, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- FREE Site Transfer and Live Setup Assistance. SiteGround makes it easy to get your website launched cost-effectively and quickly, with tons of freebies to get you started. The company offers free auto-migration, as well as the WordPress setup conducted by in-house experts.
- SuperCacher and Downtime Prevention. SiteGround has an advanced website optimization caching system, called SuperCacher, built to dramatically improve site performance and speed. SuperCacher includes options for static or dynamic caching, as well as a Memcached and an HHVM option.
- Custom Solutions for Customer Support. The company’s in-house ticketing system assigns specified tasks to the most appropriately qualified tech ops team member. The custom solution uses an algorithm to select an agent based on skill level and expertise.
- In-house Server Isolation and Software Fixes. SiteGround was the first to implement a unique isolation system in which vulnerable accounts are prevented from taking down entire servers. The company’s one-of-a-kind isolation technology makes its shared hosting service as secure as most (more expensive) dedicated hosting.
Siteground Hosting Plans and Products
Shared hosting is recommended for new websites and beginners. It is suitable for low traffic websites as you will be sharing resources with other websites hosted on the server.
This plan is WordPress optimized version of their shared hosting plan. It comes with SiteGround’s in-house WordPress optimizations to improve the performance of your website.
This comes with awesome features like:
- Free SSL Certificates
- Daily Backups
- Unlimited email accounts
- Fast click and install WordPress kit
- Migrating a website with our WordPress Migrator is super easy and free. Once you install SiteGround Migrator Plugin, you get a token and this becomes possible.
- Custom Firewall Rules To Patch Vulnerabilities
- Improved WordPress performance with Google Cloud and SSD persistent storage. Google infrastructure is known for innovation, reliability and speed, which guarantees a great performance for any website.
- Free SG Optimizer plugin to improve site speed by setting the optimal PHP version, switching on the HTTPS option which automates everything.
- Free CloudFlare CDN (Content Delivery Network) service speeding up load time for site visitors.
Cloud hosting is a flexible upgrade to shared hosting. It allows you to use resources of multiple servers on a cloud architecture. It is suitable for growing websites, popular blogs, or businesses.
Here are their cloud hosting prices below:
|Entry (Easy start on the cloud)||$80|
|Business (Optimal cloud experience)||$120|
|Business Plus (Advanced Performance)||$160|
|Super Power (Premium server power)||$240|
Features on SiteGround’s cloud hosting services include:
- RAM and CPU resources that are dedicated to your account and are not shared with other users on the same hosting environment.
- Powerful hosting stack for cloud users that include CentOS, Apache/Nginx, managed PHP versions, MySQL and Postgre support.
- Proactive software updates and patches are applied to protect from hack attacks, spam and malicious bot attacks.
- Automatic scaling for the RAM and the CPU of your cloud to meet unexpected traffic spikes.
- Manually upgrade the RAM, CPU and/or space of your Cloud plan at any time. The extra resources are immediately added without a reboot or other downtime associated with this process.
- Easy management of sub-accounts.
- Direct SSH access to your cloud account and can also take advantage of SFTP for secure file transfer and management.
- Dedicated IP. This gives independence and peace of mind of having your own Dedicated IP.
- Free SSL certificate with Let’s Encrypt for every domain.
- Daily backup.
- Easily add collaborators, ship sites to clients, and give your clients Whitelabel access to their site’s Site Tools.
Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated servers give you a complete server for your website. It is more expensive but gives you a lot more power. The downside is that you will have to manage the server yourself.
This plan is for large businesses and high traffic sites with challenging server requirements. Get in touch with the SiteGround team and they will create a tailor-made plan to suit your needs.
They boast of custom solutions designed and developed based on Linux Containers and provide a world-class level of availability and scalability. With this reliable online architecture customers are guaranteed to be taken care of by SiteGround management in managing large customized online business projects. Even with a development workflow, SiteGround promises to help you create one or integrate it seamlessly.
They have Enterprise level support which includes:
- Custom onboarding. They will understand your need and then give solutions which build your infrastructure in a timely manner. Then help upload or transfer your project and have a great launch.
- Personal account managers. They have a dedicated account manager to take care of your project on every step. This person will help you get on board and knows your project inside out from the beginning. Your account manager will also come up with a solution for any new technology challenge your growing business faces along the way.
They also offer these large business hosting services for following web applications:
The above can work well with performance stacks like
- Linux Containers
Customization technologise that work based on SiteGround modules for Enterprise hosting include:
Covering the above is unmatched when using the enterprise hosting services on SiteGroud!
SiteGround’s Shared Hosting Plans
- Startup: This plan is limited to hosting one website. It includes 10 GB disk space and is suitable for hosting a website having 10,000 monthly visitors. You’ll also get all essential features like 1-click WordPress to install, free setup, website transfer, daily backups, and more.
- GrowBig: The GrowBig plan lets you host unlimited websites. It comes with 20 GB disk space and is suitable for hosting websites having 25,000 monthly visitors. You’ll get all the features of the Startup plan, plus you’ll get premium features like Super Cacher, 1-year free wildcard SSL, and more.
- GoGeek: GoGeek plan is suitable for small eCommerce websites. It can handle websites having 100,000 monthly visitors. In addition to all GrowBig’s features, you’ll get access to more advanced features like one-click git repo creation, WordPress and Joomla staging, and more.
- Superfast servers: All SiteGround servers are highly optimized for speed. They are equipped with the latest hardware like SSD drives and custom software to make sure that your site is super fast.
- Top-Notch Customer Support Their customer support is amazing, to say the least. They offer 24/7 phone, live chat, and ticket-based support.
- Free CDN and SSL They offer instant setup of Cloudflare’s free CDN and free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
- Multiple Server Locations They have data centres in three continents. You can choose the location you prefer during signup.
- Free Site Migration for 1 Website
- Free SSL Certificate
- 99.99% Uptime Guarantee
- Limited Storage: Their plans come with fixed storage. However, this storage is quite large, and if you are just starting out, then you will most likely never need extra storage.
- Setup fee for monthly billing: There is a $14.95 setup fee if you choose monthly billing. But if you sign up for a longer billing period, then you’ll get a bigger discount and no setup fee. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee anyway, so it’s a good idea to choose a longer billing period when you sign up.
- Developer & Agency Focus: SiteGround seems to position themselves towards the professional developer market, ie, developers building websites for businesses which makes it more difficult to appeal to a more general audience.
Godaddy, the largest domain registrar in the world has entered the managed WordPress hosting space. They’re offering blazing fast, incredibly secure, and totally hassle-free, fully-managed WordPress hosting at an incredible price $1.00 per month. Not only is this the most affordable hosting in the market, but it is also one of the best. You get a free domain with an annual plan, one-click migration, nightly backups, redundant firewalls, malware scanning, DDoS protection, automatic WordPress updates, extremely efficient caching rules to boost performance, one-click staging, and so much more.
- Industry-Leading Page Loads & Domain Hosting: Using cPanel and Linux, GoDaddy has some of the fastest and most reliable page load times. With a world-leading 17 million domains under management, GoDaddy offers appealingly low prices for registrations. Quickly select a personalized domain and sign up for the hosting to support your new site in one fell swoop.
- Simple Installation of Popular Web Apps: Using an industry-standard like cPanel has a lot of advantages. GoDaddy takes pride in the speed of its administration panel, which conveniently allows for a lot of common applications to be installed in mere minutes. There are options for one-click installs of content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and others.
- Award-Winning Security & Expert Support: GoDaddy has 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection to keep your site safe from attackers and malicious bots.
- More Advanced Options for Seasoned Users: In addition to shared hosting, GoDaddy offers dedicated, VPS, and even WordPress-specific hosting packages. The company’s WordPress-specific hosting is some of the most affordable in the industry, especially when you factor in the top-notch performance.
Godaddy Hosting Plans and Products
GoDaddy hosting is very economical at every level, particularly when you consider all the free perks included with the low prices. The company’s shared hosting naturally lead the charge on cost-effective hosting. Shared hosting plans include unmetered bandwidth, database backup & restore, cPanel, a free domain name with annual plans, 1-click resource upgrades, 1-click installs, 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection, and some plans feature unlimited domain hosting with unlimited disk space.
The best of both worlds – the amped-up power of a Virtual Private Server, but with an easy-to-use control panel that doesn’t require a degree in Computer Science to operate. Business Hosting has the resources and support to make sure your website is always up and running. GoDaddy’s Business hosting plans offer server-level performance at affordable rates. These plans are optimized for eCommerce and high-traffic sites. Prices for Business hosting starts at $19.99/month offering 1 to 4 GB memory, 60 GB to 240 GB storage, up to 2 CPUs, unmetered bandwidth, unlimited domain and database hosting, a free SSL certificate for 1 year, and a free Microsoft Office 365 business email.
GoDaddy’s Reseller Hosting’s business automation tools provide everything you need to start and run your web hosting and domain business. Check out their reseller hosting prices.
|Plan||Price per Month|
GoDaddy reseller hosting also gives Processor 1x Silver 4116 (2.1 GHz, 16.5M Cache, 12 Cores, 24 Threads), 4 Virtual CPUs, 32 GB RAM, Storage 6x 1200 GB 10k RPM SAS and cPanel/WHM.
They come with the following features for all plans:
- Free integrated WHMCS license.
- Expert 24/7 customer support.
- Up to 250 white-labeled ready accounts.
- Free cPanel/WHM.
- Unlimited websites and databases.
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- SSL certificate free for the life of the plan.
- Reseller-enabled GoDaddy domains.
Reseler hosting gives you services on GoDaddy to do:
- Create custom hosting packages based on fully-configurable resources.
- Accept payments though all popular payment processors – in multiple currencies.
- Get paid with automated invoicing, payment reminders, or place service holds for non-payment.
- Automatically display your hosting plans on your branded storefront – choose from dozens of professionally-designed templates.
- Define pricing options to get paid the way you want; be it a time purchase, subscription, term discounts or even free trials.
- Get customer profiles and reporting on monthly revenue, forecasting, and paid – or outstanding – invoices.
Built on our state-of-the-art hosting, WordPress Hosting from GoDaddy is the perfect solution for anyone who wants the power and simplicity of WordPress without the hassle of constant updates and technical adjustments. GoDaddy has you covered. You can choose from 7 WordPress hosting plans, four of which are designed to meet the needs of professionals. Regular WordPress plans start from as low as $3.99/month, while WordPress Pro plans start at $14.99/month. Regular WordPress plans feature pre-built sites and drag & drop page editor, free themes and templates, free daily backups & 1-click restores, free domain with annual plans, free WordPress management (core software updates and security updates), malware scan and removal, 24/7 support, and 99.9% uptime promise.
VPS “Virtual Private Servers” Hosting
Experience high-performance SSDs on OpenStack for 3X the speed plus unlimited traffic. You also get KVM virtualization for full control of your hardware resources with Godaddy’s VPS Hosting. VPS plans with Linux starting at $17.99/month, while Windows-based VPS plans start at $27.99/month. All plans include full root access, unmetered bandwidth, free dedicated IPs, free 1-year SSL certificate, cPanel/Plesk, file and DB backups, provision-free upgrades, and three levels of management: self-managed, managed, and fully man Dedicated Servers: Every dedicated server hosting plan comes with Web Host Manager (WHM), which gives you complete control over creating and customizing your account, as well as managing all aspects of your server. Dedicated servers with Linux start at $69.99/month, while Windows dedicated packages start at $99.99/month. Here too, there are three levels of server management you can opt for (self-managed, fully-managed, and managed servers). Unmetered bandwidth, cPanel/Plesk, free 1-year SSL certificate, and free dedicated IPs are offered with these plans as well.
Dedicated Sever Hosting
GoDaddy’s dedicated server hosting depends on whether to choose HDD plans or SSD NVMe plans. This will determine the price plans and hosting choice for your dedicated server business. Here is a crisp layout of what they have to offer below.
HDD Dedicated server plans
|Plans||Prices per Month|
SSD NVMe Dedicated server plans
|Plans||Prices per Month|
Features for all dedicated servers on GoDaddy include:
- Datacenter-level DDoS protection.
- 99.9% server uptime guarantee
- Money back guarantee
- Unlimited traffic with 1 GB bandwidth.
- Software RAID1: Disk mirroring for redundancy and increased availability.
- Powerful, easy-to-use control panel options.
- Expert hosting support. 24/7 hosting support for your server and they offer optional task-based services.
- Get flexible server configurations with root access and SSD and HDD storage options for complete control of your server.
- Bare metal server with top-of-the-line processors and RAID 1 disk mirroring.
- HDD or NVMe SSDs (up to 25X faster) storage options.
- Provision your server within two days.
Web hosting on Linux
GoDaddy is popular with business hosting and it gets cheaper on the the Linux platform. Web hosting on Linux platforms is very affordable and come in four packages which include Economy, Deluxe, Ultimate and Maximum. This applies to windows platforms. Here however is where we discuss some core differences.
The maximum plan is available for only Linux and it is offered at $19.99 as windows has three plans.
Features for Linux web hosting on GoDaddy.
- Includes industry-standard cPanel to install apps, manage backups and security.
- 1-click install for over 150 free apps to create CMS sites (WordPress, Joomla), forums and blogs through Installatron.
- 24/7 network security and DDoS protection which is monitored around the clock.
- Unlimited MySQL databases with every Linux-based hosting plan. You get 1GB database storage for starters.
- 1-click domain name setup.
- Unlimited websites except Economy class.
- Unlimited disk space except Economy class.
- Database backup and restore available for all plans.
- Free Office 365 mail for one year on all Limux plans.
- Free domain (when you purchase an annual plan on GoDaddy).
- Unmetered bandwidth available on al Linux plans.
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime for all four GoDaddy Linux plans.
- Expert hosting support available 24/7/365 customer care to tyake care of all your Linux needs.
Godaddy’s Shared Hosting Plans
- Economy: The Economy plan also offers 100 GB !!! of storage space, 10 databases and unmetered bandwidth. This is enough to get anyone started
- Delux: The Delux plan offers Unlimited websites and storage, 25 databases and 1 click WordPress installations.
- Ultimate: The Ultimate plan offers two times more processor power and memory, Unlimited websites and more. It also comes with an included SSL certificate for one year and Premium DNS management.
- Maximum: The maximum plan offers 2x processing power and speed, all the benefits of the Ultimate plan and better memory overall.
- WordPress Optimized Hosting – GoDaddy’s managed WordPress hosting plans are run on servers optimized just for WordPress for faster and more secure hosting.
- Affordable – GoDaddy has very reasonable prices for all the features they offer.
- 24/7 Support – No matter when you need help, GoDaddy support is available any time of day or night.
- Monthly Billing Option – For those who prefer to pay month to month, there is a monthly billing option. However, you get a bigger discount if you pay for at least a year in advance.
- GoDaddy Hosting Is Current: They boast about their 4GH Linux Hosting…that means that they are current. PHP5, etc – GoDaddy has all the latest technical stuff to do web hosting right.
- Security: This feature has to do with their huge scale (they have plenty of technology directed at thwarting spam and hackers), but also with GoDaddy’s restrictive policies (which will be a Con) but for now it also keeps out the spam and the attacks.
- Numerous Signup Bonuses Available: GoDaddy has numerous advertising credits for new accounts that sign up for web hosting. This includes $100 for Google AdWords, $50 for Bing or Facebook, and other credits that are designed to help you begin increasing traffic levels to your site.
- Payment Options: Most major currencies can be accepted as payments when you choose GoDaddy as your hosting platform. This allows you to use your current payment processors in many instances or use digital buttons from PayPal with ease.
- Addons – GoDaddy offers a huge variety of services. During the checkout process, many of these tools and features will be offered to you as addons. These are completely optional. But some users may find all the upsell offers to be too aggressive.
- High Restoration Fees: Most companies will restore a website for you without cost. At GoDaddy, the restoration fee can sometimes be as high as $300. This puts pressure on you to make sure you make no mistakes and keep your site looking the exact way you want it to look.
- Controversial Ads – GoDaddy has come under fire several times over the years due to their controversial advertising. While this does not affect their hosting services, some users have moved away from GoDaddy in protest of their ads.
- Limited Live Chat Support: This also limits your ability to interact with customer service. You are forced into contacting representatives in ways that are not always convenient, which tends to lead to user frustration more than anything.
- Custom Hosting Panel: Yes, this seems technical – but the more in-depth you get with your WordPress site, the more the Hosting Panel matters. Basically, when you log in to your hosting account via the Web or via FTP – you have a menu of options to manage your website.
- GoDaddy Limits Your Diskspace and Databases: Other web hosts don’t do this to the extent that GoDaddy does. And what it means in practice is that your can’t put a bunch of websites up on one hosting account. A WordPress blog/website needs 1 database – so even on the Deluxe Plan, you are limited to 25 websites. However, if you go for the Ultimate Plan, you get unlimited everything for a really cheap price.
4. IONOS (1&1 Web Host)
Being one of the most affordable web hosting providers, 1&1 Ionos offers a variety of packages that include Cloud hosting, WordPress, Dedicated hosting among others. They promise an uptime of over 99.99% at just $1 making it remarkably cheap and extremely pocket friendly for web hosting services. They also have great customer care appealing for all customers and business types from all scales whether big or small. It is also popular for their excellent cloud hosting services that have been recognized to be great.
- Impressive Uptime: They have pretty good uptime scaling up a promise of 99.99%. With PHP 7.4 having OPcache, their speeds are great and hosting services are fast.
- Security Features: 1&1 Ionos has a GeoTrust Dedicated SSL Certificate security. This protects (by encryption) data exchanges between users and the the website. Their SSL services are so affordale that their starter pack is at $20 per year.
- Backup Services: 1&1 Ionos provides backup services for physical, virtual and cloud devices starting as low as $5 per month.
- Customer Services: Customer support with one on one services for customers. You can get personal consultant support or 24/7 live chat for any queries or hosting advice. They have databases with knowledge for customer queries and FAQs that can help you understand a solution to a commonly asked question among 1&1 Ionos customers.
- Unlimited traffick on hosting plans.
- SSD storage for faster host server speeds for clients.
- Free domains for the first 12 months on all hosting plans.
- Linux hosting available on all hosting plans.
Ionos Hosting Products and Services
Look at their affordable starting price plans for web hosting.
Shared Web Hosting.
It is a popular web hosting service but 1&1 Ionos makes it better by serving up 1 month tiers for their hosting plans. The entry-level Business package (starting at $9 per month) comes with a free domain name you can keep as long as you use 1&1 Ionos. Furthermore it offers 100GB of storage, 25 email accounts, 25 databases, and the ability to handle roughly 100 visitors per minute.
For shared hosting its a skimpy offer for business compared to other host companies but it favors this plan because thats what it is: shared hosting.
1&1 offers this virtual hosting at a great uptime of 99.9%. It features interactive invoice, VMware virtualization, SSD SAN storage with unlimited bandwidth and traffic among others. For as low as $2 per month you can get a VPS hosting plan.
Enjoy features like:
- Blazing-fast virtual private servers with VMware virtualization on dedicated SSD.
- Total control with full root access and API.
- Add Plesk for only $5/month.
- Cancel anytime.
- Upgrade to a more powerful VPS anytime in the control panel.
- Billing is both post-paid and pre-paid.
- SSD SAN storage system..
- Unlimited traffic.
- 24/7 expert support.
- Always reliable, always secure uncompromising security.
They offer VPS hosting on the following Linux servers:
1&1 Ionos on Windows for VPS hosting support:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
It is the most costly hosting services on market but 1&1 Ionos can provide it at a price charge per hour! Dedicated hosting on an hourly basis at $0.0972 and per month at $80. Your own server also has cloud integration with up to 10 Gbit/s which is scalable on Intel® Xeon® processors.
Here are their dedicated plans and their affordable prices for SSD (Solid State Drive)
|A8i SSD||$45 (first 6 months)||Entry level hardware with 8 cores|
|L-16 SSD||$70 (first 3 months)||Advanced hardware for demanding web projects|
|XL-32 SSD||$110 (first 3 months)||Powerful hardware for large web projects|
|XL-64 SSD||$140 (first 3 months)||Powerful hardware for multiple large web projects|
Features on dedicated servers include:
- Site scan.
- Free domains.
- Rail gun content delivery network.
- Unlimited traffic.
- 24/7 expert support.
- Interactive invoice
- Load balancer included
- Wildcard SSL Certificate
- Control and Cloud panel.
- Encrypted remote access
- 2 GB storage capacity for mail per inbox.
1&1 Ionos offers WordPress Hosting at unimaginably affordable prices of $3 per month with a risk free cancel anytime option.You can get your WordPress site up and running in no time with a free first year domain and guaranteed Widlcard SSL. Take a look below at this unbelievable hosting plans.
Here are features you can enjoy with WordPress hosting on 1&1 Ionos;
- Site analytics.
- PHP with OPCache increasing caching and maximizing page load speeds for site visitors.
- Daily backups and recovery.
- Anti-phishing and anti-spam filters.
- 24/7 customer support.
- 30 day money back huarantee.
Their WordPress Pro packages go for $18 (One) per month and come with daily cloud backups and AI checked updates. This means they offer dedicated cloud infrastructure that includes an NGINX server optimized for dynamic WordPress content, speed kit to boost and accelerate your projects by up to 300% with automatic image optimization and 2 TB storage to backup your site both manually or automatically.
Advanced package starts at $48 with a no risk, cancel anytime offer while Agency WordPress Pro service is at $120 per month. All their Pro packages are offered with NGINX cloud servers, SSD and MariaDB state of the art database technology for increased speed and performance.
Reseller Hosting: Unfortunately 1&1 Ionos has no reseller hosting plans.
Other Hosting Services
ASP.NET Hosting: This hosting available for Windows developers. I&1 Ionos offers powerful and reliable web hosting to run Windows Server 2019 that is compatible for .NET core latest users and also ASP..NET versions. They provide free domain and Wildcard SSL certificate starting at $1 per month for 6 month new subscribers.
FTP Hosting Services
If you are interested in web storage, then 1&1 Ionos is home to this service. They have plenty of web space, daily backups and secure transfer thanks to SSH and SSL/TLS. You can also setup additional accounts and have data protection because of data centers across multiple locations in the US that protect your information.
Other features are 24/7 customer support, provision of a mobile admin app and cater for both Windows and Linux operating systems; letting you decide which structure will suit you best for your Secure FTP hosting.
It comes in three hosting plans namely:
- Essential (for one website plans) at $4 per month.
- Business (for larger web projects) at $1 (first month) then $8.
- Expert for multiple web project at $14 per month.
Email Hosting Services
1&1 Ionos has email hosting services worth mentioning because they are as low as $1 per month. That’s really affordable! You get personalized email address with high security standards built on them and you can access your emails from anywhere.
They come with features like:
- Free domain.
- Ad-free email.
- Very cheap and affordable prices.
- Synchronized on all devices.
- Spam filter and virus protection
- Email migration
- Custom domain email hosting
- Web and email hosting
1&1 Ionos Pros
- Cheap hosting solutions. 1&1 Ionos is one of the cheapest hosting providers on the market with monthly tiers available for all their hosting packages. Their hosting plans are fit for both small and large end user clients in the hosting platform.
- Support assistants per client. They also provide dedicated customer support personnel for each and every customer that registers and uses 1&1 Ionos hosting services.
- 1&1 IONOS offers dual platform technology. This makes web servers and storage remain on the same platform and as a result, website visitors will enjoy faster performance and loading speed.
- Security services. They provide DDoS protection which safeguards your website from fraudulent actions and hacking.
- Availability of SSL Encryption and SiteLock. For any 1&1 Ionos hosting plan you will use comes with free Wildcard SSL certificate and SiteLock malware protection, a great addition to your host package.
- Scalability. On the system, this will adjust to the growing needs of your website. While your website traffic will grow, such parameters as memory, parallel processing capabilities and RAM will scale up as well.
- Strong uptime. They have great uptime of 99.9%. The only reason it is not 100% is because they fail to account for natural disasters. However this is great and it is guaranteed.
1&1 Ionos Cons
- Limited account registration in countries. One of the things that you first might not even notice about IONOS, is that you can register your account with them only in a limited amount of countries. Signup in countries like China, Iran and Egypt among others is still a pipe dream.
- Reseller hosting plans are unavailable.To date they do not have any reseller hosting plans available on the market.
- No free website transfers. There is no better way to clinch a site migration deal than sweeten the pot with a free website transfer. Unfortunately Ionos fails in this and they have unclear pricing on the cost to do so.
- Some hidden/unexpected costs when purchasing hosting services. Their domain prices increase in a period of 6-12 months.
- Limited processing capabilities for shared hosting which defeats the services from being reliable for hosting clients.
- No 365 days guaranteed customer support. Most hosting companies give a 24/7/365 customer support guarantee which is stated on their host plans and website platforms but Ionos freezes on only 24/7 expertise support. They are absolutely icy on stating a 365 day customer care plan, something the German based hosting company needs to review over winter.
They are cheap and affordable at a cost and a dream that starts with one dollar. Indeed worth checking out for any hosting service client, but be wary of limited services especially the fact that they have no reseller host plans or site migration services.
Namecheap was founded in 2000 with the belief that average internet users could get exceptional services and affordable domain names. This belief was promoted by the founder Richard Kirkendall and today they have over 3 million clients and 11 million domains. Thye have exceptional and affordable web hosting packages, privacy protection services and everything else needed to run a website.
Features of Namecheap
- All hosting plans have extra features like free email accounts — 30 email accounts for Stellar, unlimited email accounts for Stellar Plus and Stellar Business hosting packages.
- There is a multiple redundancy check for all their services whether it’s the power source, the network card or the high speed of the servers.
- Unmetered bandwidth for most of their hosting plans.
- 100% uptime service level agreement (SLA).
- Backups happen twice a week for all hosting plans. Namecheap also provides automatic backup for their clients host servers freely on Stellar Plus and Stellar Business host plans.
- No contracts
- They have an aweome app installer called Softaculous which when installed makes it easy to use WordPress and other apps with ease. You can update and maintain your applications with no difficulties.
- cPanel used in Namecheap is very easy to maneuver. It is commonly used by many users around the world making it easy to deal with in case of any complications during use or updating the functions on it.
- Use of latest technology to serve their clients , that is, Dell, HP among other technology brands.
- Great load time speeds which are greatly needed for web servers to function fast necessary for any online business.
- Easy to upgrade your hosting package if your business grows too big for the current package.
- Migration services from other websites are free of charge.
- Billing and support services are at a single contact point making it easy.
Namecheap Hosting Plans and Products
Namecheap has awesome security products that are exceptional and worth mentioning. Here is a list of their security products worth mentioning for any interested web host client to purchase for use.
- Leech Protect security that allows you to set maximum number of logins over a 2 hour period. It can protect your website from sudden and brutal attacks
- CodeGuard, a great security service that provides monitoring, backup, and restoration services. It is an add on.
- Best hardware and software security firewalls that are highly technical in-house security systems.
- Available virus scanners.
- Namecheap provides hotlink protection.
- Security backups of your site, which you can request a copy of if necessary.
- Availability of SSL certificates are to ensure the security of client sites. These certificates help protect your sensitive data (including credit card information) from being stolen by hackers.
- Namecheap constantly tests their defensive measures and tweaks where necessary to provide top notch security to your host websitre.
- They have DNSSEC services that work best for their Premium DNS services.
- They have WhoisGuard, a security service app which hides your name, address, email, and contact number. This avoids hackers, spammers and marketing companies from contacting you or accessing your precious data. Anyone who views your site can see that your domain is already hosted but that’s all. They provide free WhoisGuard Privacy Protection for life but not all domain extensions are covered by WhoisGuard so check yours before moving forward.
Softaculous Tool Product
It is the ‘app store’ for Namecheap. You can use it to improve your website with ease. The tool allows you to easily install software to extend the features and functionality of your website.
You can install:
- Frameworks like Laravel, Bootstrap, CodeIgniter, and Cake PHP for web developers.
- Web-based games
- E-commerce software like PrestaShop and Magento
- Ad management
- Online calendars (useful for events and bookings)
- Blogs and micro-blogs
- Social networking features
- Email services
- Software platforms for education like Moodle
- Surveys, analytics and polls.
- CMS tools like Open Real Estate, Drupal, WordPress
Shared Hosting Plans: Namecheap has three shared hosting plans services named Stellar, Stellar Plus and Stellar Business. Starting from as affordable as $1.44, you get free CDN (Beta) on all packages and up to 20 GB SSD storage. Other awesome services are 3 websites on the smallest plan where most only offer 1 site and unlimited on the biggest plan, sub-domains that range from 30 to unlimited with all plans having unlimited bandwidth. There is plenty of email account, databases and forwarding accounts all depending on your plan choice via shared hosting.
Their VPS hosting has Pulsar and Quasar hosting plans that start from $11.44. These plans come with services like:
- Free .website domain name and privacy protection
- Full root access and Operating System (OS) selection
- Your choice of Server Management
- Top security standards
- Free to transfer existing websites and VPS to Namecheap, unlike competitors
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Pulsar comes with:
- 2 CPU Cores
- 2 GB RAM
- 40 GB SSD RAID 10
- 1000 GB Bandwidth
Quasar comes with:
- 4 CPU Cores
- 6 GB RAM
- 120 GB SSD RAID 10
- 3000 GB Bandwidth
Usually dedicated hosting is very expensive but surprisingly cheaper on Namecheap compared to other hosting service companies, starting from $48.88 with a 21% off on the first month.
Dedicated hosting on Namecheap is characetrized by the following:
- You get free migration and quick setup on the same day.
- Affordable prices that suit any budget, any online business.
- Suitable dedicated servers for high traffic that come with shared and vps hosting services of Namecheap.
- Namecheap can either manage for you or you can choose to do it all yourself with dedicated hosting.
Below are their yearly dedicated server prices.
These come with other services like;
- Datacenter-Powered Reliability
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Server Level Choice
There Dedicated Server Management services can be seen below. They include Customer support advice, Restore server failure, Core Software Services and Fix Server Failure Cause.
Dedicated Server Features
- Free Migration
- Airtight Security
- Server Management Options
- Optimized Network
Reseller hosting is one way to earn passive income with a customer base from people you know or on the web. The disk space on Namecheap will depend on the three plans (Nebula, Galaxy Expert & Universe Pro) but atleast unmetered bandwidth comes with all plans.
Other features of Reseller hosting include:
- Anonymous name servers that nobody will know you’re reselling services.
- Available unlimited domains and sub-domains.
- There is full priority support available to help with every aspect of the process.
Here are there Reseller host plan prices:
|Monthly Price||Quarterly Price||Yearly Price|
There yearly reseller host plans are cheaper compared to a monthly plan. All plans will include:
- Free cPanel/WHM
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free website domain name and privacy protection
Features of reseller hosting on namecheap include:
- Create and modify your clients’ hosting accounts with Web Host Manager (WHM), a handy program that gives you administrative access to the back end of cPanel.
- Account management tools that you use to take advantage of the WHMCS billing platform, white-label marketing tools, the SSL reseller program, and much more.
- You can deliver fast, reliable, and secure hosting to your clients using the Juniper/CISCO network. Namecheap has special high-powered reseller servers such as Dell PowerEdge with 56 core Xeon CPUs, 256GB+ RAM, and RAID 6 Pure SSD
- Quick setup of Content Management Systems (WordPress, Joomla, Magento, etc.) using the Softaculous script installer.
- Create your own private name servers.
- Get unmetered bandwidth to withstand heavy traffic.
- Add unlimited domains/subdomains, and protect your clients with built-in firewalls and anti-virus software.
You can checkout their tech specs to see what reseller hosting has to offer in greater detail.
WordPress is the most popular and trusted website creation tool on the web. It gives you the freedom to build anything you want. Namecheap prides itself with a service titled EasyWP which makes WordPress hosting cheap, fast and affordable using their servers.
Look at their WordPress hosting plans:
All WordPress hosting plans include:
- Ready To Go Managed WordPress
- Easy to use dashboard to manage WP sites
- Fastest out of all WordPress Hosts
- Highly secure and tuned out of box
- Easy backup and restore tool
- SFTP, Database Access, CDN, SSL & More
- WordPress installed in under 90 seconds
- Hosted on Namecheap Cloud
- Scale elastically as visitors grow
- Highly available with uptime guarantee
- 3x faster than traditional web hosting
- Use any domain name
Namecheap (and many other registrars) offer DNS hosting with each domain sold. However if you have a registered domain that does not include DNS hosting, you can purchase this service from Namecheap. They offer FreeDNS hosting and PremiumDNS hosting.
On Namecheap you can “translate” your domain name into the unique IP address for your website. This means the larger your DNS network, the faster this can happen, leading to faster page load times for your website.
It is advanced DNS hosting on Namecheap which thye offer freely to all customers
This hosting is offered at an affordable year plan of $4.88. Your business can take advantage of a secure, globally available DNS service, leveraging Anycast technology and built for superior resiliency.
PremiumDNS can be used with any domain name registered with any registrar.
It also comes with;
- Fast Response Time
- Comprehensive Analytics Dashboard
- 100 percent SLA for DNS Resolution
- Proven Availability and Security
- Free Domain and Migration services. When it comes to domain names, Namecheap is an excellent choice. They provide domain name registration (FreeDNS services) and site migration freely. They will happily throw you in if you register for their web hosting plan.
- Affordable hosting prices. Founders of Namcheap set out to bridge average internet users to first class domain and excellent hosting plans that are pocket friendly. This feat they have achieved so far .
- Free and fast migration from other hosting providers. Within a space of 24 hours, they can help you migrate online and start another day on their services with no bump or stickers screaming newbie!
- Strong Backup And Security Features. Automated backup everyday with security packaged with WhoisGuard, Namecheap VPN or SSL certificates.
- No worry over upsell prices when you sign up with Namecheap. Their prices are consistent and have no abrupt spikes to worry over when trying out their hosting services.
- Reliable and great customer care support. This is provided 24/7/365 customer care that has no billing tiers.
- Easy to use interface. Their control panel is easy to use as it comes with softaculous tool to help install all software quickly and easily.
- No hidden fees on their services. What you see is what you get when purchasing Namecheap services . Their are no surprise additional fees waiting to boycott you as you make a hosting or software purchase.
- They have no cheap short term hosting prices. If you want to benefit, you must signup for their long term hosting plans since any short term offers are very costly. For example on reseller hosting their monthly fee for a Nebula host plan is $18.88 and yet for a year is $16.88.
- Lack phone support though their live chat works excellently. For customer service options, phone support is highly prioritized first in today’s customer support menu options.
- SSL certificates are difficult to setup especially if you are new to Namecheap hosting plans.
- Certain dashboard aspects are difficult to find or use on the control panel. They have too many hidden options that yyou have to hover and selection an option to display on a drop menu. Also the menu view lists options that are squeezed up all in one view box confusing one when searching for a particular item.
Namescheap is great for having domain services that can be coined as extremely affordable. Their hosting plans are also attractive making them wort checking out for any daily internet user.
DreamHost is a leading web hosting service that has grown and maintained a web hosting business for over eighteen years. With over 1.5 million sites and numerous blogs and applications.
Founded in 1996, it is the highest recommended host company by WordPress with over 750,000 one click installations. Recommended for blogging also because they have cloud servers clients can use, launched in under 30 seconds with support apps like Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, and Redis.
It is also an OpenStack Foundation Gold Member. They are committed to Open Source in the form of financial backing, coding contributions, and community leadership. They also have a promise for any offline problems that for an hour offline/ website downtime, they will credit you a days’ hosting service. Therefore there is a good bet your site will always stay online with no downtime/offline problems.
It was founded by Sage Weil, Michael Rodriguez, Josh Jones and Dallas Bethune.
- Unlimited storage data.
- Cloud storage for easier access and security.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Unlimited number of email addresses.
- SSD (solid-state drives) available for both shared and VPS hosting plans.
- WordPress, Joomla have 1-click install functions.
- Amazing WordPress installations with over 750,000 options.
- Awesome and easy-to-use control panel.
- 24/7/365 Customer support services.
- Choose unlimited domain names from over 275 extensions.
DreamHost guarantees the following:
- Fast, Secure & Always Up
- 1-Click Instant WordPress Install
- Zero-Risk, 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- 1.5 Million Websites Choose DreamHost.
DreamHost Web Hosting
Shared hosting is the most affordable hosting option for most small businesses that don’t receive high levels of traffic and DreamHost offers it as low as $2.59 per month.
Shared hosting means your website is stored on a server along with other websites and it is a favorite on DreamHost because it is very affordable.
These shared hosting plans are suitable for blogs, database-driven sites, personal and business sites and portfolios. They have two plans, that is, Shared Starter and Shared Unlimited.
Below are their prices
|Monthly||Yearly (1)||Yearly (3)|
These shared host packages come with the following goodies:
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- One free domain name and you can host unlimited domain names.
- Free SSL Certificate.
- Free Automated WordPress Migrations.
- WP Website Builder.
- Fast SSD storage.
- Automated Backups
- FREE Privacy Protection
Their shared hosting also has advanced features like:
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Server Side Includes (SSI)
- DreamHost Control Panel
- Subversion Repository (SVN)
- Support for PHP 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3
- Reseller & Sub Accounts
- Secure Shell (SSH) Access
- IPv6 Support
- Rails, Python, Perl Support
- Unlimited SFTP Users
- Full Unix Shell
- Access to Raw Log Files
- Crontab Access
- Full CGI Access
- Canned CGI Scripts
Large business e-commerce sites benefit alot from VPS plans on DreamHostplans. Virtual Private servers give the advantages of a dedicated server without a high price tag along with the service.
Managed VPS hosting on DreamHost comes with the following guarantees;
- Managed Performance, Security, & Updates.
- Unhindered performance with your own server resources.
- Quick & easy to use custom control panel.
- Unlimited bandwidth & traffic.
- Expandable RAM & storage.
- SSDs, email, SSL, & unlimited domains included.
- US-Based VPS.
- Unlimited 24/7 Support.
- VPS Control Panel.
- 100% Uptime Guarantee.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Scalable RAM.
Here are their hosting prices for VPS servers:
|Monthly||Yearly (1)||Yearly (3)|
They also provide advanced features like:
- Unique IPv4 and IPv6 account.
- Unlimited SFTP Users which means you can grant access to people you trust with secure logins to your data.
- One-Click Application Installer.
- Choose between web servers like Apache and Nginx.
- Automatic software updates.
- Secure SSH access.
- Crontab Access.
- Subversion Repository (SVN) which keeps servers from colliding and at loggerheads with other users.
- Access to raw log files for your own analysis.
- Password Protection (.htaccess)
Dedicated Server Hosting
They have Standard and Enhanced hosting plans that support dedicated server management for a month or yearly plan. It can be fully managed for you but is very expensive on DreamHost.
Here are their price plans:
Dedicated plans come with:
- HDD or SSD hard drives for lightning fast loading times.
- 24×7 DDoS protection and 2N+2 power redundancy.
- Use your server resources how you want without having to share.
- 24/7/365 Expert Support and server management
- 100% Uptime Guarantee
- Full root & shell access (SSH) for maximum control.
- Reboot or powercycle your servers anytime.
- Manage all the domains, websites, and email addresses you own.
- RAID 1 Storage providing site visitors with increased performance and reliability.
- Uncapped Bandwidth.
- Reseller and sub account features. You can manage client accounts, client and contractor website access, FTP, and billing.
- Ruby version manager for tools update and install.
- Web based control panel.
- 4 GB- 64 GB RAM
- 2 TB HDD storage or up to 240 GB SSD storage
- Full shell and root access
See below their full dedicated server plans and compare.
Known as DreamCloud (comprises DreamCompute, that is, public cloud computing service and DreamObjects which has scalable storage solutions), it has guarantees that DreamHost gives to its clients. You can design your server to meet your unique needs. Also, their cloud computing comes with OpenStack (access to open-source software).
Their guarantees include;
- Full root and full control.
- Speed like no one else.
- Use develop tools you will love.
- Cloud that helps you grow.
- Unparalleled speed.
- Servers that scale with customer needs.
DreamCompute is much better than VPS on DreamHost because you can deploy and customize your cloud servers. Using DreamObjects gives a completely scalable storage service for all your data and you can access it any time.
Below are their DreamCompute services:
DreamObjects has the following storage hosting prices:
|Storage||Monthly Prices||Effective Prices/GB|
They have a 30 day free trial!
WordPress is one of the most popular website builders on the web and personally recommends DreamHost for its clients. You can have your site fully optimized for WordPress and blogs with the hosting plans on DreamHost.
Below are their managed WordPress hosting plans:
WordPress hosting has the following features:
- Automated WordPress migrations.
- 1 click staging where you confidently test new plugins, themes, and code before pushing your changes to your live site.
- A free pre-installed SSL certificate.
- Bulletproof backups where you can restore sites using automated and on-demand backups.
- Built-in caching giving more speed to your WordPress site.
- Up to 120 GB SSD (solid-state drive) storage
- PHP versions 7.1.30 to 7.3.6 are pre-installed on Dreamhost’s servers for WordPress clients.
- Able to use any WordPress plugin or theme.
- Custom-built Control Panel
- Advanced features like SFTP, Shell Access, WP-CLI and many more!
- 24/7 ticket support.
- Money-back guarantee.
If you are looking to run an e-commerce store on DreamHost, here are a few features to motivate you:
- Easy installation of applications such as Magento.
- WooCommerce integration is fast and easy.
- Automatic updates for security.
- 24/7 customer support and technical support.
- Server level caching to improve speeds.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Dedicated hosting options with root access.
- WordPress users can get storefront pre-installed.
- One-click installation: Software and apps can install fast in less than a minute. This is a great advantage when installing software without getting hitches.
- Up to 97 days money-back guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with their services, you can request for a full refund within 97 days.
- 100% uptime guarantee: This is stated on their website, a flamboyant tag for all host clients.
- Unlimited bandwidth services. This available on all their hosting plans which sweetens the deal for a client looking for great services.
- Unlimited MySQL databases.
- Free domain with Whois Privacy. Adds great security to your website especially for Linux users.
- Unlimited data storage services.
- Unlimited sub-domains.
- Unlimited sites can be hosted on one account. DreamHost provides this service best for their popular reseller hosting plans.
- Free website builder on all shared hosting plans. To be on any other hosting services, it must be added separately.
- Supports most scripts including CGI, Perl, PHP 7, and Python.
- Excellent 24/7/365 customer care support services and FAQs to read through for answers to any queries a client might have.
- Free domain name. It is easy to start a website on DreamHost as they give you a domain name free in your first year as a customer.
- Free SSL certificate with Let’s Encrypt, which works for their hosting plans and clients.
- Website builder service must be added on other host plans as it exists on shared hosting only.
- Features on the dashboard cost extra cash. Sometimes you can get costs to spring upon you like online weeds.
- Control Panel is quite tricky to navigate due to too many options. Navigation is not user friendly as options appear on the menu in a column format with a long list view of over three columns.
- FAQs on the DreamHost site do not have answers that seem freely available on the websites of other hosting providers.
- High costs on Call back calls from customer support staff on some hosting plans are higher. This is caused because they are US-based only.
- Hosting plans are high compared to other competitive hosting companies, making them one of the most costly hosting companies to sign up with.
- No professional email setup. The starter plan doesn’t come with professional email setup.
- No 24/7 Live Chat services are available on DreamHost. It is available between 5 a.m – 10 p.m EST since they are available based in the United States.
- No free phone support for customers. You are billed for customer callbacks on different hosting plans.
The Dreamhost website doesn’t contain enough information to help you make an educated decision as to whether you’ll use their services. They are available to use at the opinion of your own making after reading the above review.
A few questions to help you make the right choice when choosing a web hosting company
How Do I Find The Right Web Host?
The best web hosting can be determined by analysis of features, but the web host that is right for you depends on your needs. Take a few minutes to write out what your objectives are with your host. Are there some aspects that are more important than others for you? For example, if you use a CMS like WordPress or Drupal, you might want to go with a web host that specializes in that platform.
How Do I Figure Out How Much Bandwidth Or Storage I Need?
If you’re launching a simple personal hobby site or blog, then the entry-level plan at a reputable web host will likely provide all you need. If you have an e-commerce site or a popular blog, you can simply confer online or by phone with the web host you are considering.