If you want to know What is Canva About? Stop asking this. I am going to explain each and everything because Canva is part of my day-to-day life. After reading this article, you will be knowing all the ins and outs of this free online tool that I always blame for not marketing itself enough. This is because I consider it the best on the entire Web when it comes to Graphic designing. Do you know that graphics contribute a lot to SEO after getting good keywords??
In the world of online business, there are vital factors that will make the content you produce on your websites more user interactive. These factors can be stuff like well-organized headings, sub-headings, paragraphs of an article you are writing. But in this era, the thing has pretty changed because readers are now more driven by graphics like banners, images, illustrations, graphs, and others. This means, graphics now matters a lot when your aim is producing useful content. This is where Canva comes in.
Before I show you the actual power of canvas, let me first outline the main topics we are going to cover in today’s article:-
- General Overview / Summary
- What is Canva about?
- What Can Canva Do?
- Why You Should Choose Canva?
- Pros & Cons
Let us just get started with this mostly web-based software.
What is Canva About?
There nothing much. Whenever you hear about Canva, the first thing that should always come into your mind is, Canva is an advanced automated graphics editor that can make you appear like a pro designer.
Canva is a web-based piece of software that was developed to help small organizations, large organizations, graphic designers, marketers of all kinds, students, and others to achieve their graphic needs.
The first tie I had about Canva, it was recommended to me by Jay AKA Magstudios, an experienced affiliate marketer with more than 10 years of experience. We were in the webinar at Wealthy Affiliate. The first time I tried their free version, I loved the tool, and I never thought of quitting it any day.
Now let us get more specific at What does Canva exactly do so that you imagine what I am trying to talk about.
What Can Canva Do?
When it comes to what you can really with Canva, you get even get astonished and I mainly mean with the free version. We are about to talk about pricing but, I am talking about what you can do with just a free version before even we shift to the more advanced features that are intended for pro members.
I have been using Canva for more than one year now handling the following tasks:-
- Creating Cards, cover images, graphics, featured images for my daily blog posts. If I were to use a designer, it would cost me more. But with Canva I get more than enough even.
- Designing Ads for promoting products on my Facebook pages, creating and designing my daily Facebook posts with the exact dimensions. Consider the way you may suffer when you are trying to upload a cover photo on Facebook and you get the pop up that the image is too small. With Canva you will never face that, I promise.
- Creating professional high definition logos of all sizes. I have been creating logos for my clients using Canva. Even if Canva comes with pre-designed templates for logos even other kinds of graphics, you have the capability for customizing your editing fully so that your brand can stand out and be very unique. Even persons who have been using Canva for 10 years will not know that you have handled your project with Canva.
- Creating Youtube channel arts. When it comes to Youtube, many channel owners find it very hard to locate images of the exact size that will make their channels look responsive on mobile phones, computers as well as smart televisions. To convert just sort out this in a matter of minutes. You can create thumbnails too.
- Creating short videos for different purposes. Canva being web-based, the day to day improvements have led me to realize its new powers where you can now edit video introduction without hassle. You may also need to create that dream advert with Canva. On a video per, you will not get many advanced features but at leased you have been got covered that way.
There much more kinds of graphics that fall under different categories you can design including:-
- A4 & A3 designs
- Book covers
- Headed letters
- Business cards
- Framed pages
- Instagram posts
- Facebook posts
- Twitter cover and posts
- Shirt designs
- Advert banners
- Stickers and so much more.
- And so much more.
I think now you can just assure the power of Canva already.
You can decide to make the background transparent or leave there any custom color of your choice. It is 100% flexible
Why You Should Choose Canva?
Now, probably you are thinking that the things you can do with Canva mentioned above can be made with more and more kinds of software. Here I am not about whether it can do the work or not. I aim to show you the simplicity
Here is a breakdown for the top reasons why you may consider grabbing a Canva account
- High Definition Graphics & Videos
- Instant Downloads
- The almost invisible watermark in the free plan. You can remove an element that has the watermark
- Drag and drop technology
- The website is fast.
- Android, IOS, Desktops apps
- Autosave feature per second
- All your templates remain stored
- Free millions of images to use
- User friendly & an easy learning curve
- Feel like a pro designer in the town
- Transparent graphics – WOW
- Free training
- Full business branding
- Free sorting folders
- Low learning curve
- Upload files
- Free storage
- Autosave all the changes so that you do not lose your changes.
Pros & Cons
The two sections above have almost covered the Pro part of Canva. Surprisingly, I am going to cover the Cons part here.
It is not as easy as you might think when it comes to finding the disadvantages of the Canva software. Seriously it’s very hard but because they exist, I have to mention them here.
These are what I consider as Canva Cons – Bad things:-
- Priority is given to Web users. If you have browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, then you’ll enjoy all Canva features on your desktop or laptop.
- The mobile app is less functional. Fine, they developed a mobile application but it does not give you the full power you can get when you decide to use the computer.
- Some images come with watermarks in the free version. But you can upload your non-watermarked images.
- The payment is yearly. This especially when you are willing to get Canva at a cheaper price. We are going to scrutinize all about in the Pricing section.
- It mainly supports Two-Dimension designs – 3D designs. All the letter graphics I have seen in Canva are 2D. It’s enough for most of the graphics needed for affiliate marketers.
Those are the cons but most of them have got some solutions and the solution can just be ignoring. There are no adverts on the Canva website.
Canva is lenient especially when it comes to paying. You can even decide not to pay for a lifetime because the features provided are enough. I am saying this because this article is mainly targeting online entrepreneurs and Affiliate Marketers.
Canva has three Plans namely:-
- Free Plan
- Pro Plan
- Enterprise Plan
Let us try to see these three plans in detail we always do in our reviews. We are going to see what you can get in each plan above and what you should expect.
The Free Plan
This is for individuals as well as people working on very small projects that can be either commercial as well as non-commercial. It is a free life lifetime.
In this plan you get:-
- More than 8000 templates
- Over 100+ graphics types
- Thousands of free watermarked and non-watermarked images.
- And much more
I have been using this plan for a period corresponding to a year.
The Pro Plan
This is the second plan available with Canva.
It is $12.95 monthly. This is when you are to be billed each month.
If you decide to pay yearly, then you will be billed for as low $9.95. This sums up to $119.4 per year. Yes, I mean a full year.
I think it will be very hard for the business to reach a state where they will need to upgrade to the enterprise. Even though the enterprise plan has also got its awesomeness.
You will get each and everything you have seen in the free plan of course. Then plus the following:-
- 1 brand kit so that your business is fully branded in terms of colors, fonts, and others. Your logos and graphics must uniformly represent your business.
- More than 60,000 ready-made templates.
- Resize your images in just one click
- Over 60 million high definition images including transparent ones.
- You can create your Custom Templates.
- And so much more
Even though I have been in love with the free version for months, after signing up for a pro plan a month back, I have realized lately that I have been missing out a lot to make my clients and website visitors happier.
Try this plan and then you will have to appreciate and I am pretty sure.
The Enterprise Plan
This is the plan that can give you the maximum functionality and enables you to exploit all the advantages of Canva.
In this plan, you have a lot that I call more than enough. Explore these:-
- Your brand’s visual identity is established via colors, logos, and others across multiple Kits of the brand.
- The customer support is available for all your needs.
- You get unlimited storage. Store all your graphics online for all years.
- And so much more
In this plan, you will have to pay $30 monthly billed yearly. In case you want a custom price in this enterprise plan, you can contact the Canva Team directly. That opportunity is available.
I have mentioned almost everything you need to know basically about Canva Graphics Editor. One thing I can’t go without mentioning, Canva is currently supporting PC, Android, and iOs, but the internet connection is mandatory to work with Canva on any platform.
That’s all and you’ll just get surprized with what Canva can do because I can’t mention all the awesomeness of Canva here in only one article.
Thank You. Peace!